I have lived in Los Angeles for over several years. I would be lying if I told you I haven’t changed a bit, however I do all I can to hold on to my Chicago upbringing.
There are moments when I miss being back in the Midwest. And, while I love L.A. there are a few observations I’ve noticed. Hollywood folks… are different!
- Will sleep in the car and not tell anyone.
- May never tell you they have a kid (or kids).
- Always orders egg whites.
- Will buy a Mercedes and live in a studio apt.
- Eats Turkey Bacon and drinks Soy Milk.
- Moves every 4 years or changes their phone #.
- Will wear jeans to a funeral.
- Won’t tell you a damn thing to help you.
- Will smile in your face and hate your guts.
- Know at least 2 celebrities.
- Will rarely invite you over to their house.
- Will wear boots in the winter.
- Will sleep on a friends couch for year.
- Will tell you about their kids, and ask you to keep them.
- Can eat dinner without having veggies.
- Will buy American, but will also complain about it.
- Eat pork and beef and they don’t care who knows.
- Keep the same phone number and address for years.
- Dresses up to every evening event.
- Will share a lot of information about getting ahead.
- If they hate you, they won’t talk to you. Period.
- Think folks who knows celebrities are bougie.
- Will have bid whist parties every Friday for no reason.
- Hates wearing boots in the winter.
Stacey McClain loves Los Angeles, but she misses real folks.